In a bid to strengthen partnership and cooperation with the National Commissions as part of the participatory and consultative approach that the Islamic World Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ICESCO) pursues, the General Secretariat of National Commissions and Conferences of ICESCO continues to hold a series of bilateral virtual meetings with the National Commissions for Education, Science and Culture in the Member States.
Talks during the meetings revolve around several topics, namely:
- The priorities, activities, and achievements of the National Commissions.
- The challenges that National Commissions face, and their opinions and future visions.
- Proposals to enhance cooperation and partnership between National Commissions and ICESCO.
- Proposals to develop educational, cultural, and scientific systems post-Covid 19.
- Proposals specific to the ICESCO Year of Women 2021, the empowerment of women, and the preservation of their educational, cultural, scientific and technological rights.
The meetings provide an opportunity for joint reflection, extensive discussion, and exchange of knowledge, expertise, and successful experiences in the Organization’s areas of competence. They also offer a platform for exploring the challenges facing National Commissions and ways to address them and bolstering the roles of the Commissions in the advancement of educational, cultural, and scientific systems in Member States.
The meetings are also an opportunity to enable ICESCO to define the needs and aspirations of its Member States in the Organization’s action areas, taking into account the national, regional, and international issues affecting the sectors of education, science, and culture.
To promote the meetings, the General Secretariat of the National Commissions and Conferences will prepare comprehensive reports that include proposals, recommendations, and concrete outputs for the benefit of the National Commissions and the sectors and centers of the Organization.