The Islamic World Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (ICESCO) launches the “ICESCO Virtual Prize for Calligraphy, Illumination and Miniature”, as part of Islamic Arts Week held from November 18, 2020.
This virtual cultural meeting is an invitation to all calligraphers and visual artists to reveal their artistic talents in calligraphy and illumination, through virtual technical supports, with the aim of promoting talents and creativity in this area and to perpetuate an intangible cultural heritage shared by all Member States of the Organization.
How the competition works
• Title: “ICESCO Virtual Prize for Calligraphy, Illumination and Miniature”
• Reward: $ 9,500 divided as follows: $ 5,000, $ 3,000 and $ 1,500
• Submission of work: by using a high-quality image via email
• Prize launch date: November 23
• Duration of the first phase: three months
(Between November 23, 2020 and February 23, 2021)
• Participation in this competition will be open to all artists from our Member States, regardless of age or gender
• It will be done either by calligraphy or illumination or both at the same time
The selected text to be used
• Free subject, but it must address the principles of peace, coexistence and human rights