The Culture sector looks forward to adopting comprehensive developmental approach to keep pace with the regional and international changes influencing the cultural scene in the Muslim world. This approach, which sees culture as a building block of comprehensive and sustainable development, is based on the following priorities:
- Promoting Muslim countries’ cultural immunity to manifestations of fanaticism, and factors of extremism, xenophobia, and egocentrism by laying the foundations for social cohesion.
- Safeguarding and rehabilitating cultural and civilizational heritage in Member States
- Promoting the strategic role of culture as a vehicle of development.
- Promoting the lateral position of culture in Muslim countries’ public policies.
- Promoting the regional and international Islamic civilizational outreach.
- Position of Islamic culture within the international cultural scene.
- Role of new technologies in promoting cultural development in Member States.